Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2016

Catching Up and Slowing Down


The parts arrived from Vintage Air, so I decided to concentrate my efforts on the firewall while I still have easy access.

 Because of the curved design of the vent system under the dash the condenser will not fit flush against the fire wall, so once again I had to cut and bend sheet metal to make an adapter for the AC parts. Making the adapter was simple enough, but very time consuming.


I also mounted the Delphi Weatherpack firewall connector. It looks odd, but the quality is far better than the typical OEM part usually found in that application.

I had a chance to connect some of the upgraded wire I ordered and while it’s very high quality, it’s almost impossible to remove the insulation with the typical strippers found on inexpensive crimp tools.  That means I finally had a good reason to order a Stripmaster squeeze-type wire stripper for gauges 16-26, and it works wonderfully! It won’t work on the larger wire sizes, but I have a coax stripper that will do the job for those few sizes. The additional wire I had on order also arrived so I now have enough different colors and sizes to finish wiring the dash.

Unfortunately, due to some minor surgery, I’m going to be limited in what I can do for at least the next two weeks, so progress will once again slow down.  In the meantime I can order more parts and design a few of the things I’ve put on the back burner.
Got a call from the upholstery shop and everything is in work with an estimate of a week to ten days to complete. I hope it actually takes a little longer as the doctor ordered no heavy lifting and those seats are heavy

No comments:

Post a Comment