Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Gary Goers Rubber Parts

Progress is back to slow speed with household chores taking priority. I'm still working on console designs to consider, and have cut a few sheet metal pieces to mock up, but nothing to show.

I did receive the rebuilt brake pedal from Gary Goers and was pleased to find he was able to cast it in black to match my accelerator pedal. The original gray would have been okay, but the matching color looks better. The surface texture is slightly rougher than the OEM part, but no one will ever notice.
Once again he completed my order in about two weeks.




He also sent new dust boots for the tie rod ends. The ancient, high-mileage parts furnished with China-built steering kit will have to be replaced before I get the car on the road. They were a year old and the mileage was about 75 ft. from the side of the garage all the way to the inside, so they lasted about what was expected. Two of the four Chinese parts are broken, but I'll replace all of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment