Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Summer Doldrums


With summer finally here, I suppose my rebuild can be described as officially being in the summer doldrums. There are just too many yard projects and household type interruptions to make it worth my time to start a big enough project to show any progress. Yesterday was flower bed weeding and grass removal, this morning it was grocery shopping, and tomorrow is three hours of lawn cutting and trimming.

The weather has been cooperating and I should have moved the car outside so I can prep the body for paint, but by the time I finish more pressing duties it’s late morning and too hot to start a job out in the sun. I know I said it before, but getting old sucks!

I received the small sheet of 20 ga. stainless steel I'm going to use to make console trim. Now if I can find some stainless steel molding that looks right, I can work on the console between bigger jobs. I've found the right shape, but not the right size. I might have to make that too.
Maybe next week will see more progress.

1 comment:

  1. Remember Gary,the alternative to getting old is a lot worse..keep the spirit up !
    Geir

    ReplyDelete