Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2016

The Best Laid Plans....

When the weather began to gradually improve a couple of weeks ago, I was certain I would have lots of time to play with the Plymouth, but there is always something to ruin plans.

The first was dealing with a leak from the kitchen ceiling. It showed up after a 70 mph windstorm with driving rain and large hail. I got a roofer to come out, but with more rain due, the best he could do was seal one area where it looked like water had blown under the eaves. That didn't work as the next rain left a puddle on the floor, so I had the insurance adjuster come out and check for hail damage. He couldn't find any, but he documented the water damage and hail damage to my vinyl fencing. Now I'm waiting for paperwork from the insurance company so the roofer can get to work.

Throw in a bad back that's still not feeling great, doctor and dentist appointments, a couple of long airport trips to Dallas, a backlog of rain delayed landscape jobs, and my car work has been relegated to the back burner again. I tried to get a landscaper out for the heavier, time-consuming jobs, but I guess the wet weather has put them behind too, so I had to do it alone.

I did manage to get a couple of afternoons to work on wiring and console design, but when I went to take photos, my camera died. It's several years old, so I guess it's time to get another one.

Showers are predicted again this weekend, but after that a summer high pressure system is expected to settle over us for several weeks. That usually means hot and dry, with calm mornings when I should be able to roll the car outside and spray and sand the final primer coats. It would be nice to have the body painted so I can begin glass installation and interior work. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

I really need to accomplish some bigger projects to recharge my enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment