Search This Blog

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Just Treading Water and Paying House Bills

Trying to get our East Texas house ready for listing is eating up most of my time, so I'm only doing small jobs on the car, and not making much progress.

The geothermal problem has grown into a certifiable nightmare. Apparently the renters/intended buyers allowed the water to be shut off for non-payment, and that was during the only seriously cold weather we've had this year. As a result, the pump that circulates hot water throughout the house, burned out, and a pipe burst inside the garage wall. It also might have been the reason the water heat exchanger cracked and started to leak, which flooded the pantry. To add to the misery, the Chinese made coil decided to die again and wasted a ninety dollar recharge. But, that's not the worst of it. The ten-year parts warranty lapsed three days before the service call, so we will now have more than four thousand dollars into unit repairs, and another three thousand in water damage,  mostly because we allowed the people two extra weeks to move out because of Christmas. No good deed goes unpunished.

Car-wise, I've mostly focused on the console instead of hopping around on other jobs. I got the storage tray built, cross-bracing installed, welded, and everything painted. I'll install the console semi-permanently, but most of the trim will come later.

1 comment:

  1. Gary said "No good deed goes unpunished."

    Absolutely, without a doubt, that is the truth!

    We have have had an all-time record snowfall for almost a week, I have got various vehicles stuck for each of the last four days and had to shovel them out for hours. Including my new 4 x 4 .......and my snowplow when I went to do my neighbors driveway, So;

    No good deed ever goes unpunished!

    ReplyDelete