Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Park Light Experiment


I’ve arranged to have most of the house repairs and painting done. Everything contracted is in work, so I will do my part of the job when they finish.  
I managed to find a few hours to commit to the car yesterday, and the weather was like early summer…sunny, mid-seventies and calm! Today, it's back to cold, windy winter.

I finished one parking light and mounted it on the parts car to see how it compared. Even though the overall size is almost exactly the same as the OEM light, I’m not satisfied, as the shape does not match the grill curvature. It looks better without the stainless trim, so I’ll try some other type of trim to see if I can better match a stock look.
I powered it up, and it does light up nice, so it’s not all bad!








2 comments:

  1. I think it would look better / be less noticeable with the bumper on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right, Ray. It's something I can decide later. The homemade housings will mount with screws, so I can use either the amber lens, or the stock lens with amber bulbs.

    ReplyDelete