Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Another Work Trip

Another trip to East Texas yesterday...2-1/2 hours over, and 3 hours back during rush hour, with 6 hours of house cleaning and repairs in between, and at least one more trip to make. That is entirely too much for an old man to do in one day.

I'm appalled by the way people treat a house, as I'm sure the master bath shower hadn't been cleaned in the three years since we moved. Soap and shampoo buildup was 1/8" thick on the shower floor, the wall tiles were white with scum and the grout was black with mildew. I scraped, scrubbed, sprayed and brushed for well over an hour until my hands cramped. It still looks like hell, so I'll have to hit it again next week, but this time I'll bring a wire brush and stronger chemicals. I will be so glad when that house sells!!

Only thing that got done on the car was the console storage box, as I cut and bent the stainless steel trim and attached it.


Roadkill sound deadening material showed up today. There might be enough to finish the interior, but I'm guessing I'll need more for the trunk. Three boxes weighed 70 lb, so the car should sit down a little lower on the springs after I get it installed.


The glass installer hasn't called me back since I sent him the photos, so I'm guessing he wants nothing to do with installing the trim piece. I might have to design some tooling to do the job...if I only had a good idea what would do the job.


No comments:

Post a Comment