Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Busy-work

I'd never make it being self-employed. Rebuilding this car would go a lot better if I made a plan and followed it. Instead I find myself gravitating back to the things I like to do and putting the important jobs aside.

I should be finding a way to finish installing the back window molding so I can get the trunk lid installed, so the quarter windows can be installed, so I can install more trim, so I can get the doors and fenders fitted, so I can be ready for paint when the weather warms, so I can begin serious interior work...well, you know the drill!

When I walk in the shop ready to solve problems, and after staring at those important jobs for several minutes, I pick up something that looks like fun and before long I've forgotten priorities.

Now that I have the seat and console mounting complete, I won't need the console until all those previously mentioned jobs are done, but naturally, they aren't nearly as interesting as finishing the console. Soooo, here's what I got done today!


I realized there are a couple of things that will look much better if I change the way the Tach/HVAC control panel is attached, so I got out the Dremel saw and hacked off the forward part of the console. Now I can play with that new idea and will have something far more interesting to do than figuring out how to fix the rear window trim problem. It's no wonder it's taking me so long..........

No comments:

Post a Comment