Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

It's De-lightful...it's De-lovely




After encountering problems installing that top piece of rear window trim, I did my usual YouTube search to see if anyone had created a video of  the proper process. I tried searching with keywords like Mopar, Chrysler, Plymouth and Dodge without any luck. Then yesterday I stumbled across this one for the '55-'56  DeSoto. It's quite different than the Plymouth version, but the groove that secures the edge of the trim is the same. Showing how they used the cord might help when I get back to the job.

It doesn't show how to install the trim, but it explains the process for those of you who don't understand why I'm having a problem. It refers several times to having another person help, which is something I haven't been able to do. My car-fixing friends all live too far away and the people I know who live nearby are the ones whose only mechanical skills involve manipulating their thumbs on a smart phone keyboard. I wonder how the human race is going to survive with so many men helpless to do the things we all learned as kids? Fortunately, my daughter's family will be arriving for a visit in about ten days and her husband is handy with tools, so maybe the two of us can finish the job.

Meanwhile I haven't had much time for anything but household chores and projects, so no progress worth reporting.

No comments:

Post a Comment