Search This Blog

Monday, March 27, 2017

Update about Nothing

Contrary to rumors, my old body has not yet assumed room temperature, and neither did I win the lottery and move to Tahiti.

My absence had been due to the arrival of spring weather and out-of-state visitors. Weeding, trimming, digging, cleaning, planting, pruning, and repairing at two houses located three hours apart have sapped all the energy I've been able to muster, so nothing is happening on the Plymouth. Even the planned attempt to install the rear glass trim with the help of my son-in-law didn't happen. That task will now be postponed until next month when my son and his family come to visit from Washington state. He's anxious to work on the '56, as the last time he saw it was when he helped me strip it down to the frame. I think the fact that he will probably inherit it when I actually do assume room temperature has a little something to do with his interest!

Until he arrives, I will likely  have only a few minutes to play now and then, and will have to concentrate on accomplishing simple tasks. If we can get the cantankerous trim installed, I hope we'll have time left to hang some sheet metal. That process is a lot easier with a helper than having to rig something to support and align big parts for a one man operation.

In the meantime, updates will likely be few and far between.

1 comment: