Search This Blog

Saturday, August 26, 2017

I'm Back

I’m finally back after two weeks of living out of a suitcase and surviving on mostly fast food, to find a stack of monthly bills waiting, lawn weeds a foot tall, and the ground too wet to mow due to the unseasonable rains. With Harvey lurking nearby, the wet weather may not end soon.

I scheduled the trip so I could attend three car shows and was fortunate that the weather was perfect for all three. The annual Mopars at the Mall in Centennial, Colorado was held on the first weekend of my trip and the WPC national meeting and Tacoma Mopars Unlimited events the following weekend.

I met several Mopar-club friends from more than twenty ago, and also some Colorado Internet friends whose help was invaluable during my novel research.  Between car shows I was able spend quality time with  my kids and grandkids in the Seattle area, so when you include a larger-than-average finned-car representation at all the shows, it was a fun trip despite the usual drudgery of travel,.

There were so many nice Mopars, it would be impossible to list all of my favorites, but the ’56 Fury and the one-of-none ’59 golden Fury received most of my attention, and I was able to visit with the owners for quite a while. I’ll post a couple of pictures here and a few more on the Forward Look website.


1 comment: