Search This Blog

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Upcoming Trip

Finally got a call from the Lares Corporation with the news that my steering gear box is rebuilt and ready to ship, and all they needed was payment...a big payment! I imagine it will arrive right after I leave on my trip to the Pacific NW. I was hoping it would arrive earlier and I could bring the parts and pieces for the modified steering column into the welding shop so it would be ready to install when I got back.

I'm leaving next Friday morning and will be in Denver to attend the Mopars at the Mall car show on Saturday, the 12th. I will stay in Denver a day or so and then continue on to Washington state. Schedules worked out better this trip, as I'll be in Kasey Kahne's hometown of Enumclaw for my daughter's and one granddaughter's birthday,  and two Mopar shows in Tacoma on the same weekend.

The first show, on Saturday the 19th will be the WP Chrysler national meet in Tacoma, and then on Sunday the 20th, the Tacoma chapter of Mopars Unlimited will be hosting their 32nd annual Sunbust show in Graham. I don't suppose there will be many original members of the old Sunbust organizers after all these years, but since I attended the first eleven shows, and one more since, I might see a few folks I know.
 I am hoping to see the one-of-none '59 Plymouth shown on the flier that suggests what they should have done with Fury in '59 to continue the legacy instead of downgrading the model.



Since this will be my last road trip to the NW, I'll  be taking my time and if I'm not totally worn out I might swing through North Dakota on my way back to have one last look at the land my grandparents homesteaded and where I grew up.

1 comment: