Search This Blog

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Leaving Tomorrow...Back in About Two Weeks

If I survive two weeks of motels and fast food, I'll have lots to do on the car when I get home. The headliner mold is progressing slowly, but I'm learning more every day I've had time to work on it.

This morning UPS delivered the rebuilt steering box from Lares, so it can take it in to be welded. I think I've decided which steering wheel and how it will be trimmed, so I can begin that and have it ready to install on the steering column when needed.


I'm tired of stumbling over big sheet metal parts every time I move things around in the shop, so I'm  going to install the trunk when I get back, and then after the steering column and dash are in place I can install the fenderwells and radiator support. That will give me a lot more room to work.

Hate to leave the yard needing much TLC and some of my favorite shrubs in bloom. The Crepe Myrtles are just beginning to show their second crop of blossoms and I'll miss the showiest days. At least I got to see the Texas Sage after the last rain made it break out in the biggest mass of flowers I've seen on that particular plant. When I went outside just after dawn, I could hear the hundreds of honey bees all the way across the patio. Three other plants were nice, but not quite as full of flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment