Search This Blog

Monday, January 29, 2018

Busy Weekend


Beautiful weekend weather had to be used for yard work. Trimming decorative grass clumps, raking and cleaning wind-blown trash, removing dead shrubs, turning raised beds, and preparing a space for a multi-use shed in the back yard, ate up a lot of time I had hoped to work on the car. The concrete guy is supposed to pour the slab late next week, and I still need to tear down a couple fence panels and pull the posts.

I did get the motor mount spool brackets removed and relocated. As suspected, they were a real pain to remove, mostly due to limited access for cutting tools. To make the job easier, I made a trip to Lowes and bought a small, one hand reciprocating saw and some extra-short blades. I was able to move them 1/2 inch toward the passenger side, and lower them 1/4 inch, so I should now have more than enough clearance for the starter.

The brackets are just tacked in place for now, so will need final welding, some grinding, and paint before I can install the engine again.

After reading many negative buyer reviews of the Lokar transmission dipsticks, I think I’ll do more searching for a OEM tube with the correct bends.

No comments:

Post a Comment