Search This Blog

Monday, January 15, 2018

Electrical Genesis


While I wait for the return of moderate temperatures, I've been working on the wiring. At first, I attempted to lay out and route wire bundles using '73 D100 schematics, since the truck steering column contains the ignition switch, and then making circuit modifications as I went along, but that idea proved to be confusing and too dependent on my memory. I needed a master document to control the electrical configuration.

I know that someday, someone else...probably my son...will be faced with an undocumented mess if I continue down that road, so I decided to at least make block diagrams so they will have a place to start troubleshooting if they have an electrical problem.

Microsoft Publisher works quite well for this type of work, and now I have the first one complete to the extent I had thus-far documented my work with notes and red-lined schematics. Once I have all the basic circuits identified and organized, and physical locations for component parts identified, I'll have a single source to use for any additions and changes.

The first one is the basic power distribution circuit, and will give me a place to begin. Not the neatest job, but better than the hand-written notes I could barely read.




No comments:

Post a Comment