Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

...and One Step Forward

Motor mount brackets are welded in place and painted again.

The first time I installed the brackets, I was pleased with the way they fit. I was even sort of proud of my work, as my welds looked much like the OEM welds. However, after butchering the brackets during their removal, and welding in patches and reinforcing plates, they now look pretty crude.

The concrete contractor stared building forms for my shed slab this afternoon, so nothing got done on the car. Like so many geezers, I enjoy watching any stage of construction. Nothing more fun than standing around with my hands in my pocket and not having to work. It brought back memories of my three years on a construction crew in North Dakota.

The owner runs his own crew, and is a medically retired combat vet from the US Army Special Forces. Anyone who earned the green beret impresses the hell out of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment