Search This Blog

Monday, February 4, 2019

Winter Dance Party-60 years later



February 4th, 1959, the day the music died, and now it's just one more anniversary in my glacier-like mission to rescue a '56 Plymouth from the rust monsters. Sometimes I think I see progress, and at other times I wonder if I can keep moving fast enough to stay ahead of them.

I took a short break from wiring and turned to making a few sheet metal pieces. Rear speaker adapter plates, stainless trim to join the front part of the console to the dashboard, and now I'm making a custom-shaped glovebox that will clear the AC and radio and give me a place to mount a USB port out of sight.

The weather has turned spring-like, with temps in the seventies, and today will be a struggle to decide if I can keep working on fun car stuff, or if I have to haul the table saw outside to finish the shelving for my wife's art studio! Looks like several days of rain showers coming up, so my conscience is conflicted.


No comments:

Post a Comment