Search This Blog

Friday, December 11, 2020

Quarter Windows Day Two

 I didn't have enough time to pull the quarter window today, but I did make a cardboard template of a front glass so I could visually see how much more rotation it will take to seal the quarter window to the door glass. 

As you can see the glass edges on the passenger side are in perfect alignment with about an eighth of an inch  gap that is even from top to bottom.

The driver's side is obviously misaligned by over 5/8th inch at the top, but the rear window hits something that stops it at that point. I can't see much, but I think I could feel where it bumped against one of the guide brackets. At least I now have an idea where the problem lies. It might require modifying the angle of the existing bracket, or making a new one.

Driver's side

Passenger's side


No comments:

Post a Comment