Search This Blog

Thursday, December 3, 2020

“You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind, a dimension without time…!”

 If my experience is anywhere near typical, a couple of weeks in the embrace of Covid-19 closely compares to a Rod Serling excursion into the Twilight Zone!

In most ways, the symptoms were mostly like the typical seasonal flu, but in addition to the list of normal flu symptoms, I had the displeasure of experiencing crazy visual effects that several times took control of my concentration. They probably appeared and disappeared as my mostly mild fever changed, but that's only a guess.

Though I felt lousy, I continued to do housework and pamper my wife while she suffered through several days with a nasty headache.

We never experienced a shortness of breath, or other extreme respiratory problems, so I guess we were lucky in that way, but we had prepared for those issues weeks earlier, and I think it helped.

It was indeed one of those experiences you will never forget, nor will you wish a return visit!

Now, if my strength returns a little bit more, I have a ton of things to do on the car!

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you're getting trough this ok..can't wait to see some more pictures of your work on the Plymouth !
    Regards,
    Geir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets better every day, and I'm starting to catch up on all the household chores that had gone undone. With luck, I might get back to work on the car sometime next week.

      Delete
  2. I wish there was a way that you could communicate your experience to all the people that chose not to believe the existence of Covid-19. I am glad you are feeling some better and going to be working on the car again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Politicians and opportunists of every stripe seem obsessed with confusing people to help secure their share of the massive power grab.

      Delete