Search This Blog

Sunday, April 12, 2015

4-11-15

Mylar spears arrived in the mail. They look nice despite the larger '58 texture. Wish I was at the point of installing final trim!

Spent the afternoon cutting and welding parts to mount the seats. Also decided to re-design the motor mount brackets to make them simpler. I'll need some more steel, but at least the size I need is in stock at Lowes.

Once the motor and seat mounts are done, I won't have any legitimate excuses to delay joining the body and frame...at least that I can think of for the moment. It's intimidating for a one man operation, but at least I'll be able to hang the body from the shop ceiling, roll the frame under, and lower it with an electric winch. When I installed the truck body and bed by myself, I had to jack and block it out behind the garage. Not fun without help.

No comments:

Post a Comment