Search This Blog

Friday, April 24, 2015

Transmission Mount Mockup

Measuring the location for the transmission mount makes me feel like a pilot flying on instruments the first time. A high degree of confidence in what the numbers say, but a nagging mistrust that could be expensive if something is misread.

I tried adapting a cross member from a Dodge truck, as well as the one removed from the Belvedere's forward location. Neither look simple to modify, so I'll have to build it from scratch.
 
Heavy rains last night and this morning, so it's doubtful I can do much outside today. I'll need more material, but last week I bought the last piece of 1/8" steel plate Lowes had in stock. It's either wait for them to restock, or drive to another store. Might check out Home Depot this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment