Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Cleanup Time


Despite not making a lot of progress on the car build, I sure can make a mess of the workshop! Not only is it messy, but I’ve misplaced several parts and tools, so I decided to clean up, organize a little bit, and see if the lost items show up.  

My upper cabinets still don’t have doors, so the shelves were filthy, but I do have them looking much better after cleaning, disposing of dried-out paint, adhesives, and sealers, and rearranging what was left.  (Question…Will I ever use up all those sample bottles of “Mother’s” detailing products handed out at car shows?)


I also installed a goose-neck light at the workbench and hooked up the Mopar AM, FM, CD player that has been mounted on a panel above the workbench for three years. I now have music, powered by the DC power supply my wife gave me for Christmas two years ago, and adjustable light where I need it for those close-up jobs.

If the parts I ordered for my car don’t arrive in the next couple of days, I’ll attack my bench stock bins. I’ve been squirrelling away small parts and fasteners for more than twenty years and it’s time to purge all the junk that was so important in the last century, but hasn’t been touched since!

1 comment:

  1. You know of course, that as soon as you throw out something, that is when you will need it!

    ReplyDelete