Search This Blog

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Console Progress

In spite of near 100 degree heat, I've been able to spend some time in the workshop doing what I consider the fun part of  car projects...customizing the interior. I've changed my mind about details of the console design several times, but each iteration seems to be an improvement over the previous one, but that remains to be seen. It will probably undergo several more changes.


Yesterday, I sanded the etching primer on the body with hopes the wind is calm enough one morning in the next few days to apply a coat of epoxy primer and a couple of coats of primer-surfacer. I really want to get the painting done so I can install the engine and transmission. I can't move the car by myself with those heavy parts installed, and I much prefer to paint outside the workshop, so I'm at the mercy of Mother Nature for the next major steps.



1 comment:

  1. It annoys me (I'm working on it) when people make frivolous and inane comments to posts like "looks good" etc. But under the heading of a ridiculous comment is better then no comment, ............... "looks good Gary". You are helping to get/keep me as motivated as circumstances (life interruptions) will allow, getting old sucks!

    ReplyDelete