Search This Blog

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Accessory Brackets


It’s ugly, but it’s tacked together. Sometimes it’s easier to modify a mounting bracket from a different car than to create one from scratch. This bracket is from a ’79 Aspen slant six. When done, very little of the original will be saved, but the spacer end has the usual Mopar spacing for the alternator and it bolts to the engine in a way that lets me relocate the alternator to the opposite side. Even after reinforcing, trimming and painting it won’t be pretty, but it should do the job.

The compressor bracket had to be made from scratch, and I have temporarily assembled the pieces and located them on the engine. Now all I need is the compressor so I can verify that everything will clear before I can weld and paint it


I've been tinkering with camera settings and the pictures look a little better.


No comments:

Post a Comment