Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Tach and AC Controls


Sometimes things actually turn out better than expected, so I’ll bask in contentment before the next “Oh shit” happens.

It was a lot of work, but I think I managed to come up with a design for the Vintage Air controls that looks somewhat like it might belong in a ’55-’56 Plymouth.



There are still a couple of things to tweak before it’s ready to mount, but for now it will go on the shelf until needed.
The slider for the floor shift arrived, so one more item to cross off the list.


I also ordered the right side exhaust manifold without a heat riser. The Chrysler Power intake manifold does not have a crossover passage to help heat the carb, so no need for a riser. The picture looks good, so I hope the part is of high quality.



2 comments:

  1. Mowing forward Gary,and it looks nice.That's probably the one thing I'm not pleased with on my 55 -the dash.Wish they would have made a better job with the whole design of it back then,like the 55 Chevy,beautiful and timeless,in my opinion.Been wandering for years how to improve it ,but haven't come to any conclution yet,but will figure out something..
    Just curious,aren't you using the 56 Fury dash ? if so,what are you planning to fill the hole for the original tach with ?
    I probably have a lights or heater control switch extra laying about somewhere for you somewhere,but it may take some time for me to find it though..
    Geir

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm not using the Fury dash. Because I'm making so many modifications, I didn't want to destroy it if someone needs it to replace a butchered original.

    Thanks for the switch knob offer, but I won't need it until the car is ready to drive, so I can find one around here by then.

    ReplyDelete