Search This Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Color Sanding Complete!

With the perfect weather, I've been able to do some yard work and sneak in a couple of hours on the car. I finished color sanding and gave it a quick polish. While sanding, I found three small thin spots that I'll have to repaint, but it looks quite nice in most places. There is some orange peel, but then many new cars also have some, so I can live with what I have.

Now I can concentrate on getting everything ready for the windshield install. The neoprene arrived, so I cut out gaskets for the windshield wiper bezels. I neglected to install the defroster vents before I bolted down the upper dash, so it will have to come out again, and that's okay since then I'll have easier access to hook up the wiper linkage. Then I can install the windshield.

I also did some work on the trunk lid. As you can see, it looks like someone tried to open the trunk with a pry bar. There were dents all along the lower edge that had to be popped out and filled. I'll paint the underside at the same time I touch up the thin spots. The outside will wait until I've finished repairing the fenders and hood so can paint them all at the same time.


After the dent repairs, I treated the inside with rust reformer and etch-primed the outside, so now it can go back into storage for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment