Search This Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2017

No Progress

Despite the beautiful weather the past few days, I've been unable to spend much time on the car. Mostly I've been working on evicting the couple that was going to buy our old house, and getting that house ready to re-list. At least they have moved out and repairs are scheduled to begin next week. Owner financing it not on the list this time!

I'm about to give up on installing the final piece of stainless on the rear window. An hour trying again this afternoon was wasted. I've tried every trick I can think of to make it fit, but I think I will have to call the guy who installed the glass to come back and see if he can adjust the glass and seal so the trim will slip into the slot in the seal as designed.  At least he has a selection of special tools and a second set of hands that might help my ineffective effort.

Meanwhile I've also spent more time on the final design for the console. If I didn't keep changing my mind about the features I want, I might have it built already!

About the only accomplishment I can brag about is getting the shop swept out and things put away so I can find them the next time.

2 comments:

  1. Quote Gary; things put away so I can find them the next time.

    ......Don't count on it! (smile)

    ReplyDelete