Search This Blog

Friday, January 6, 2017

Weather Sucks...SRT-8 Dodge Mirada Doesn't



Low twenties, sleet, light snow, 30mph northerly winds...too nasty to stay for long in the workshop.

I did work out there long enough to try making a couple of sample springs for the window "flippers". I'll have to make a small modification to my homemade bending tool, but I got one bent very close to the original. It's much stronger than the old rusty ones and really makes them snap closed. Practice makes perfect...at least I tell myself that. I should have plenty of spring wire to make all I need plus a few more.

The collar to extend the shifter shaft also arrived, so that will be a project for next week when its supposed to be in the mid-seventies.

Yesterday I got to see a beautiful, just completed, custom Mopar. It began life as an '81 Mirada with a slant six, but after years of work is now mildly modified Mirada sheet metal covering a 2007 Charger SRT drivetrain, suspension and interior. It is a work of art, and he documented the entire build on Facebook: SRT-8 Dodge Mirada

The builder lives in the same tiny Texas town as I do, so I got to see it when he was preparing it to be shipped to the owner in Bellingham, WA.

I'm sure it will be in the Mopar magazines before long, but meanwhile here's the video of the build. It goes by to fast, but most of it is covered in Facebook photos and text. It sure puts my pathetic rebuild to shame!















No comments:

Post a Comment