Search This Blog

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Beautiful, Low Mileage Savoy

Geir Broen in Norway sent photos of the low mileage Savoy he found. There is something about much of it being in original condition that restorations can't duplicate. This one reminds me of my first Forward Look car, a '55 Savoy with a flathead six and manual transmission. About the only equipment difference is that did not have a radio delete. It was a great car and survived my dumb-kid tricks surprisingly well.

Here's Geir's description:

"The car came to Norway from Ohio a few years back. Purchased by an elderly lady, who a few years later realized she couldn't drive anymore, so there it sat until 2012. Someone then gave  it fresh paint, new chrome, and replaced hoses, brakes, and lots of other stuff needed after such a long storage, at least that's what I know. Has all the original paperwork, and that's interesting stuff to read !"

Beautiful car, Geir, thanks for sharing!




I had a few hours to devote to mine this weekend and continued working on the console. I made a plate to attach the shifter trim plate, and installed the wiring for the gear indicator light and the neutral safety switch. I'm getting anxious to assemble the rest of the console so at least something looks somewhat finished.


1 comment:

  1. Nice work Gary,and man,that looks like complex fiddeling..!Forgot to tell my Savoy has 17.000 miles since 56..is the 30.000 miles warranty still valid ? Has the sheet from purchase that says so..would be fun to drop Chrysler a mail and ask..he,he
    Geir

    ReplyDelete