Search This Blog

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter Sunday Update


Happy Easter Everyone!

Still doing small things as time permits. I’m preparing for the dashboard installation as much as I can. Wire routing is the most complicated, as I’m still not 100% certain where I’m going to locate all the power sources. As a result, a few of the wires will be left long enough to reach either under the hood, or under the console storage tray. I may have to finish the entire wiring diagram and decide all circuit locations before I make access difficult by installing the dash.
There was a partial box of Roadkill sound deadening material sitting in a box on the shelf, so I finished installing the remainder behind the rear seat area. With two full boxes left, it appears that I bought enough to easily finish doing the entire car. One less thing to worry about.

I need to take some more parts in to be chrome plated. The stock ’56 Fury A-post cover is half-chromed and half-painted to match the dash, and the upper headliner trim is all chrome. The ones I removed from the parts car are badly rusted, so I’m going to use those from the Belvedere and have them chromed. I got all the paint removed, so they are now ready to plate. I still have some miscellaneous parts to finish prepping and then I’ll take everything to the plating shop at the same time. They said they are very busy this time of year, so it may take quite a while to get them done. 


I cleaned, painted and mounted the plastic trim that holds the seat adjustment switches on the side of the bucket seats. The higher seat mounting will require more trim to hide the brackets, so I think I’ll just cover some sheet metal with carpet and then add something to break up the tall expanse of black. Maybe a Forward Look emblem or some kind of Plymouth nameplate.  





                                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment