Search This Blog

Saturday, April 29, 2017

One Step Forward...Two Steps Back


The backup light housing with the lousy chrome plating will not be acceptable for even driver quality, so I've begun working on a replacement from my extra parts bin. It's terribly pitted, and will be a time consuming project. So far I have most of the old chrome ground off, but many of the pits are deep

I had planned to have my son help me install the rear window trim, but he injured his back just before they left Seattle to come here, so I don't want him to risk making it worse by climbing inside the car and contorting his back to wrestle with the trim. I had already been planning an alternative way to do the job alone, and that was to make an adjustable jig to hold and manipulate the trim and rubber, so I've been working on building that. I might get the jig done this weekend, but doubt I'll have time to try another trim install. If that doesn't work, I'm stumped.

I also discovered an minor interference problem with the driver's side motor mount. The tooling locator point on the block casting hits the edge of the mount saddle. At least it's in an area I can reach with a grinder. I wonder why I missed that when I installed the engine?

On the non-car problem list...I have to make another trip to East Texas to do more work on the house. My son went over and found the floors filthy, trash left on the counters, cabinets left open, windows smeared inside the house, back gate jammed open, lawn not mowed properly, gutter above the carport bent and twisted from being hit with something, and flower beds not cleaned as stated. I was there three weeks ago and the place was immaculate when I finished.

The Realtor who reported everything was fine is about to be fired, as is the lawn mowing crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment