Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Brake Lines and FedEx Fail

More parts are scheduled to arrive this week, and there was already one screw-up in the delivery. I was notified that the fuel line had been delivered and given to the customer, but it hadn't!

I learned that FedEx has probably the most inefficient, confusing, screwed up customer service on the planet. Just for the record, their automated list of problems does not contain an option for a missing package, or mis-delivered, or a quick way to speak to a real person. After screwing around for fifteen minutes unsuccessfully trying to navigate their automated system, I started dialing random numbers found on their website. I finally found a real human, and after her investigation the response was that the problem was a wrong address on the sender's label. Seems odd, since my original order and all the communications with the sender contained the right address, and I've dealt with them before and am in their computer. I thought everything about the order, including a shipping label would be computer generated.

Then this morning they called again and said there was no address label on the box. To this I would ask where in hell they would deliver it without an address label, and why would anyone accept it?

The brake distribution block arrived, so I was able to make a mounting bracket for it and the adjustable proportioning valve. I got started routing the brake lines, but am waiting for one last part before I can finish.



The company rebuilding my steering box signed for delivery on 5-30-17, so I would have expected to hear something from them by now. They said they would call to get a credit card number to charge to, so apparently they haven't even looked at it yet.




2 comments:

  1. Hmm,never seen an adjustable valve like this..but how do you test it out ? Just by driving and adjusting until it's right ? Also checked out your disc brake convertion,seemed like a pretty easy job,exept for the slight modifications..? What rotors and calipers did you use ?
    Thanks,
    Geir

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used a valve like that either, but as I understand it you drive and adjust until you get it right. Some guys mount them where they can be reached from the driver's seat, but I didn't have a good place to mount it.

    When I ordered the disc brake kit, I was given a choice of GM or Mopar rotors and calipers, so naturally I chose Mopar parts. I've never checked part numbers, but seem to remember the seller saying they are '64 Dodge C-body parts.

    ReplyDelete