Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

More Odds 'n Ends


Lately I’ve had difficulty finding the energy to keep up with chores and hobbies, and today I learned why. I had some blood tests run and they discovered I’m anemic. What they don’t know yet is why, so they are running more tests. Since I eat well and take complex vitamin B supplements, it shouldn’t be due to intake, so now I get to wait until next week to see if they know the cause or if they need to do additional testing. Getting old sucks. I used to say it beat the alternative, but it gets closer to even money every day.

I’ve been doing a lot of parts ordering while I’m too fatigued to do much physical work. The brake distribution block I need is due Friday, and the brake hose will be in next week. The longer brake hose, which is a standard Raybestos part number, is listed on Amazon for $30 and from Inlinetubes.com, it’s 12.50 with free shipping for orders over $50. Rock auto is about the same price at $7.50 with $5 shipping. Without having to order anything else to reach the minimum, this time Rock auto got the order.

I ordered 5/16” NiCopp fuel line and fittings this morning, and was already notified it had been shipped, and is scheduled to arrive on Friday. Inlinetubes.com really turns around orders quickly and I’ve been pleased with their prices. Since their catalog lists the parts and pieces I need to fabricate my emergency brake setup, they will soon be getting another order from me.

The Borgeson splined shafts and connector used to join the steering columns arrived today, but I still haven’t heard from the steering box rebuild folks.

2 comments:

  1. Cheer up Gary,I'm shure they will find some medicine to regain your strenght soon..you have done,and are doing great work with your Plymouth,but I seem to have missed you converting to disc brakes..plan to do the same with my wagon,when time comes,so can you please tell me which date that work was done ? Seems to be some applications to choose from,but I would like to keep the stock spindles for simplicity. Will keep my " new " 56 Savoy original,at least for a while,haven't been able to drive it much,just been to cold here,with rain pouring down,almost every day,but the few miles I have put into it,clearly shows the need for modern brakes..
    Get well soon,
    Geir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Geir, there are several posts in September of 2014 that covered most of the disc brake conversion. I wish I had done a better job of documenting that part of the project since it's such a common modification and really needed for modern driving conditions, as you have learned.

      I'm still not feeling well and despite more tests, they're not sure what's causing my problem. I can barely keep up with household chores, so the car gets little attention for now.

      Delete