Search This Blog

Monday, June 19, 2017

Father's Day Relaxation

As a Father's Day present to myself I decided to work on the car as long as I wanted and to put everything else on hold. I was able to spend about six hours before it got uncomfortably hot in the garage, but I finished routing, clamping, terminating and hooking-up all the brake lines. The 25 ft. roll of 3/16" nickel/copper brake line was exactly enough to finish the job. That tubing is twice the price of the OEM material, but it forms easily by hand, so the time saved makes it well worth it.



Now I'm anxious for the 5/16" armor to arrive so I can finish the fuel line. It will take somewhat longer to install as there are no holes on the side of the frame to install clamps. The one hole I had to drill in an inaccessible area on the brake line side of the frame was the most difficult part of that installation, and I'll have to drill at least four holes for the new routing of the gas line.

Meanwhile, if I can salvage fittings to terminate the transmission lines I can form them less the radiator hookups.

3 comments:

  1. Looks good Gary.. well done!Just wandering about what seems to be an electric connection terminal next to the master brake unit..is that meant for a new wiring harness in the engine bay? Think I will need to do something with the dryed out stock wiring in my Savoy...
    Thanks,
    Geir

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geir, that is the power feed from the battery that will be relocated to the trunk. The stock battery position will contain a power distribution panel with relays and fuses for new and upgraded under-hood circuits. All heavy load circuits will be switched by relays like newer cars.

    There will be another distribution panel inside the center console that will power lighting and accessory circuits from the firewall to the taillights. I will have more than double the number of stock circuits, so needed more fuse locations. I split them into two panels to minimize the number of wires that will go through the firewall.

    I moved the battery to the back and am trying to lighten the front end in other ways for better weight distribution and also to make the manual steering easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice..hope you will provide lots of pictures of the installation, I'm not that strong when it comes to the electrical stuff...
    Thanks,
    Geir

    ReplyDelete