Search This Blog

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Fuel Lines Galore

After bad-mouthing FedEx, they found the address where the parts were delivered. They had them at my door yesterday afternoon, and they were right that the address on the label was incorrect. From the packaging, it appears that the lines are made by Inlinetube.com and marketed under the Motor City Muscle Car banner, and though they seem to be the same company they might not share the same customer info on their computers. Whatever the reason, they came through also as this morning a second order of fuel line was delivered. FedEx had asked me to contact the seller so they could send a request for the driver to backtrack, but instead they just sent a duplicate order with no questions asked!

I'd offer to return it, but by the time it was repackaged and shipped, it would cost me a lot more and not save them much. If they send a prepaid return shipping label, I'll return the 2nd order, but I doubt the value makes the hassle worth it. In the meantime, I'll make a point of advertising the speed and manner in which they resolved the problem. Kudos to good service!

The USPS had me scratching my head over one part I ordered from Rock Auto. When they sent an email on 6-12 saying the part had been shipped from Sugarland, Texas, I figured two days at the most to travel 200 miles and be delivered. When it didn't arrive, I looked up the tracking number and saw it was received in Los Angeles the morning of 6-14 and left the afternoon of the same day. It's not that I need it badly, but I wonder why the unneeded trip to LA? Sugarland is close to Houston and mail to the Fort Worth USPS facility usually arrives the next day. Now the delivery date on their schedule is 6-19.

I started routing the fuel line, but realized I had forgotten to order 5/16" spiral armor. I thought it was sitting on the shelf, but it was only 3/16". Oh well, another wait for parts.

1 comment:

  1. Gary, I got some diesel oil filters from rock auto and they where shipped from Azuma (sp), Calf.?

    ReplyDelete