Search This Blog

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Latest Excuses


Expecting more free time to play with my car was optimistic to say the least. My wife's granddaughter finally got her driver's license, so they decided it was time for me to find her a car. After looking at lots of toads, I finally found a super-clean, '16 Dart with a new car warranty and at a reasonable price, so Friday she headed back to Kansas as the proud owner. Next week it's dental appointments and yard work to eat up my time again!

Since school is still out for the summer, I advertised for a local kid to help with yard work a few hours a week, but they aren't interested, even when the pay is above the going rate. I guess they are just spoiled, because when I was that age I'd do almost anything to get a few hours work. The alternative is to hire illegals who will work for less, but I won't do that.

Between obligations, I've been working on the headliner buck. It's slow going as I'm constantly changing my mind and re-configuring. The spray-in foam is a little too gummy to work easily with a rasp, so it looks like most cutting will have to be done with an electric knife. I'm going to try a different brand of foam to see if it's any easier to work with.

I've been expecting another call from the company rebuilding my steering box. It's been about two weeks since they informed me that additional parts were needed. The final price about doubled, but the option was to pull the box out of the Fury and send it in for evaluation, and it is likely no better than the one I sent. That would only mean more delays and more high shipping costs, so I just choked a few times and told them to go ahead and order the parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment