Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Petite Fleur+Massif Hemi =Thrilled Teen!


A thread on the Forward Look website is discussing music from that era. Lots of rock and roll, some jazz, some big band and even silly songs that made the charts.

For me the most memorable song relating to the finned cars was a little clarinet instrumental, but it always brings me back to a day behind the wheel of a nearly new '57 300C hardtop.

Here's a link to the song, and I'll add a picture I found posted on Hemmings of a twin to my uncle's car. I was sixteen years old and we were visiting him in Kennewick, WA. When he saw me drooling over the beautiful Chrysler he threw me the keys and told me to go out and beat up on some Corvettes and Thunderbirds. 

As I was cruising down the Columbia River highway in light traffic, I pulled out to pass a car and this recording accompanied the roar of unsilenced twin 4-bbls trying to feed the Hemi all the air it was demanding. It gives me chills thinking of that moment nearly sixty years ago, and I'll never forget the music.





No comments:

Post a Comment