Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Trying to Make a Buck

No, not a dollar, though this project has proved brutal on my bank account. Cost-wise, I would have been far ahead buying a decently restored Fury and been satisfied with a total stock situation. However, then I wouldn't have had a challenge to learn and create, so I would have had to find something else that needed excessive money and time thrown at it.

This buck, or plug, would be used to make a fiberglass form for the headliner fabric to be glued to. The intent being that the basic contour will be created from cardboard, and then spray foamed and shaped in detail.

It's been too hot to work directly on the car so I set up this project in a small area of my workshop that is air conditioned.

Since this is a first for me, I'll have to take it a step at a time, and prepare to have an undetermined amount of rework if the contour comes out wrong. At least using cardboard and foam is far less expensive than plywood and clay as suggested on some of the videos.

No pictures until I get all the parts cut and have a chance to perform a fit check.

No comments:

Post a Comment