Search This Blog

Friday, January 18, 2019

Progress!

A few pieces that had been taking up shelf space for months are finally finding a home. The dash is in place and the next job will be hooking up the mating wires behind the dash while standing on my head, but at least the progress is becoming visible.

Too bad the weather makes a big change tonight. It was comfortably warm and breezy today, but a cold front moves in tonight with near freezing temps and 40 mph NW winds. Guess I'll spend a couple of days cleaning up the new wiring diagrams until the weather gets better again.



One thing I've been putting off is finalizing the rear shock mounting. I used the stock 1970 B-body shock plate, and I'm concerned about the length and angle of the installation. I no longer have the OEM setup to measure, so once again I'm flying blind, but I think the shock length could become a problem. If anyone has made a similar rear end swap, I'd like to see a picture of what you did, or hear comments and opinions. Did you use longer shocks, or make a custom mount, or did the later shock plate work out okay?


No comments:

Post a Comment