Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Mystery Moulding Parts List



Thanks to Ray for scanning the visor moulding parts list and emailing it to me. I haven't yet had much time to study it, but the usage seems a bit confusing, so I'll post the picture for others to see what they can make of it.

It appears that it was available on different models, and that it was used on both US and Canadian built cars. Maybe it will become more clear after I have some uninterrupted time to study.

I'm hoping the weather will cooperate and that I can spray on Friday. The ten day forecast is for light winds on that day only.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gary
    To my knowledge,there was no factory sunvisor for 55/56 Plymouth/Dodge,like the ones for the 55-57 GM cars.Instead,I ended up making my own years ago,but it's rough,and needs lots of work to representable,and also fabrication of mounting hardware,so we'll see,when,or if,the time comes to mount it.
    The more exclusive cars from Chrysler Corp. back then,were availlable with a wide stainless moulding set up,that had a flip out over the windshield,that provided at least a little shade,but not at all like the full size sunvisors...anyway,your set up looks real good,and brings extra " bling " to your car..
    I'm impressed with your progress,and I'm enveous I'm far from getting where you are..
    Regards,
    Geir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geir, I believe you are correct about factory sun visors not being offered on our models. The last year I clearly remember them coming from the factory was 1952. I've seen '53s and '54s with visors, but they might have been aftermarket.

      Delete