Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Extra Holes Update

Worked a little more on trim installation, but before I did I removed a piece of stainless from the parts car, and found that the questionable A-pillar holes in my car do not exist on the Fury. It appears that there were indeed holes at one time, but that they had been welded shut. The parts car had been painted red over the stock color, and then at some point changed to black, but under the stainless trim the welds were still covered by the original Fury white. That makes me think the holes existed in the original cowling tooling, but were then filled with weld before the car was painted.

However, though it's not shown in the service manual picture, the center hole does exist, and there is some type of fastener in that location on the parts car. I didn't attempt to remove that trim as there is no way to access the nut without removing the heater box housing, and I didn't feel like doing that.

I believe the windshield could be replaced without removing that one piece of trim, and may be the reason it's not addressed in the service manual.

I used only two clips to secure the center trim, and filled the cowl hole with sealer. The other two holes will get the same treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment