Search This Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Windshield Trim

I finished installing the windshield trim, but there were unresolvable issues. They really don't affect my needs, but I can see someone doing a precise restoration tearing their hair out.

Every piece of trim around the windshield is meant to slide into a groove in the rubber seal, but only the lower pieces fit anywhere where they need to be. The top is off by 1/4", and the side mouldings are off by as much as 3/8" in places...far more than can be tweaked to fit. I'm not sure if it's the seal shape, or if the body tolerance is off that much. Now I wish I had taken more close-up pictures of the moulding installations before I began to disassemble the car. Oh, well!



Time to order the rest of the rubber parts I need from Gary Goers, so I worked on a list today. Most items I still need are for side glass installation. When the order is sent off, I next have to replace the Chinese made grease seals on the tie rods, and install a couple of front brake parts. Then I can install the engine and transmission, and it will really look like I'm making progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment