Search This Blog

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Another Surprise!

I decided to see if I could get the engine installed before I'm immersed in the eviction problem. This was another job that would have been much easier with a second set of eyes and hands, but I did manage to set the engine in place and the front mounts fit great. I do have a problem with the transmission mount, but working that issue will have to wait a few days.




When the belt mouldings I ordered arrive, I'll be switching back to the quarter window install mode.  At least now it looks like progress has been made, and there is much more room in the shop.

2 comments:

  1. Gary, are those factory mounts? If not, what mounts are they?

    Thanks,

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mounts are covered in my 4-18-15 and 4-20-15 blog entries. The saddle components were from a late model RAM, and the mounts, complete with rubber and brackets were common stock mounts. I think these were listed for a mid-seventies Mopar, and I got them from Rock Auto.

      Delete