Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Winter

Winter arrived and there is not much going on with the car. Between household chores and trying to resolve the renter issue, I've only had time to sneak in a small job now and then.

Just as I feared when trying determine where to locate the cross-member without having an assembled engine and transmission to measure,  the location of the transmission mount was far enough off to require a simple plate adapter. I got it made and am only waiting for paint to dry so it can be installed and the mount bolted in place. Then I can begin work on the shifter installation.

For what it's worth,  this blog has recently experienced heavy traffic from Russia. There have always been a few Russian visits, but in the past few days there have been more than twice as many hits as from the US and Canada combined! I really doubt there are that many Forward Look fans in Russia, so I'm curious if it's a bot searching for something interesting to hack. There are always a few random visits from France, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, Ukraine, India, and Pakistan, in addition to the usually predictable ones from the Scandinavian countries and North America. However, the sudden increase in Russian traffic makes me wonder if perhaps Siberia is snowed in and all they have to do is read blogs!


2 comments:

  1. .....they are trying to steal your state secrets !

    ReplyDelete
  2. My state secrets are safe because I've forgotten all of them!

    ReplyDelete