Search This Blog

Saturday, December 3, 2016

A Few Small things...plus Marty Robbins




Not much to photograph, but a few little things completed. I spent a couple of hours installing cat whiskers on all the stainless steel pieces that surround the quarter windows, but had to order a different style for the upper window channels.
I finished fabricating the new plastic guides that protect the fuzzy surfaces on the lower quarter window frames when operating the windows. I used Lexan, so these should last much longer than I will! The material was about a half-inch shorter than the original part, but I wasn’t  about to order more Lexan, and they look like they will work fine.


I finally installed the last brake parts and made some suspension and steering adjustments that I’ve been putting off.
The new mini-starter I ordered arrived today, so I’m about ready to see if the engine and transmission will fit. Unfortunately, I doubt I’ll have time to do that this week, as I have the unenviable task of evicting the people who were buying our house in East Texas.  We were going to finance their purchase for five years so they could build up their credit, but in two years they are already four months behind in payments and have let the house and landscape deteriorate badly. Seems like every time we do someone a favor, it backfires. Merry Christmas to them….
On a happier note, here's Mopar racer Marty Robbins with an old Roy Orbison Christmas hit. Big surprise to learn that the song was written by Willie Nelson.

No comments:

Post a Comment