Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Trunk Equipment Progress

All the trunk-located wire bundles and lights are installed, secured, and tested. The next project was the battery box, and the last two days were spent on that. The main 50 amp circuit breaker is mounted in place, box tie-down bracket fabricated and bolted in place, and the power cable is terminated up to the battery. I'll hold off making the final cable cuts until I can measure the battery terminal locations.

Yes, the tie-down bracket is a little overkill, but I had the angle iron in my stock, so I used what was handy!



I still have to decide exactly where to carry the spare tire, and I don't have it yet so that will be one of my next decisions to make. The logical location, since I no longer have a well to mount it vertically, is the top of the axle hump. It looks like it will fit okay, but I really need the spare and rim to try a fit check so I can design a mounting system. One of the local wrecking yards has quite a few old Mopars, and will probably have a 15" rim on one of the old pickups. I suppose I could fit check with the spare from my '73 D100, but it's quite a bit bigger than the car spare will be, so I'll wait..


No comments:

Post a Comment