Search This Blog

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Unchained Melody


While winter makes a brief return, and I'm busy gathering tax info for my preparer, I'll post this rendition of my wife's and my favorite tune. This is definitely one of the best versions I've ever heard, and it's flawlessly performed by a group of military bands from many nations. Music is truly the language of everyone...everywhere.

I'm always amazed at the number of countries this blog has reached, and the number of regular visitors. Not only from English speaking countries like Canada and Great Britain, but others from Germany, Norway, Sweden, Russia, Ukraine, France, Brazil, China, Malaysia and Portugal are frequent readers, as are drop-ins come from another dozen counties.

 It's comforting to realize that beautiful music, much like Virgil Exner's timeless designs, is recognized and appreciated around the world, so thanks to all of you for visiting my little town in Texas to see what one old man is doing what some say is destroying automotive excellence. I prefer to think I'm saving parts and pieces of what would otherwise be scrap metal to pay homage to the past!

No matter what your language, politics, race, or religion, you are all welcome here.

No comments:

Post a Comment