Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2019

Console Bus and Trunk Wire Bundle

The console power bus is complete unless I run into something unforeseen that would require adding a circuit. It came out okay, but as with most wiring, I'd like to have the time to make it neater. Fortunately, it will be hidden from view behind the console storage box.


The flexible metal tabs that support the trunk wire bundles were all rusted off, so I was about to buy some cable tie mounts so tie straps could be used to secure the bundle. But, being frugal whenever possible, I tried creating something functionally similar to the OEM design. The stock tabs were made of very soft and flexible metal and spot welded on, so I couldn't duplicate that. Since I had a bucket full of sheet metal scraps, I tried using the remnants from the metal cutting process. I formed short pieces to lay against the sheet metal and bonded them in place with 5-minute epoxy.

This is one of the cutting scraps and a part I formed from it. They bend easily, and though they might become work-hardened faster than the stock parts, they should outlast me and the rest of the car.


The next shows them epoxied in place and securing the wire bundle in place along the trunk opening. Again, it's not pretty, but seems to doing the job quiet well, and it's not glaringly visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment